# 506 - Don’t Dream It’s Over

« Older   Newer »

1. Cleopatra ×

User deleted

Lucas: I saw your light on. Which isn’t that suprising, I mean, I know how hard you work. You know, you haven’t been yourself lately. Peyton. I mean, not the Peyton I remember.
    Peyton: Well, I haven’t been that Peyton for three years.
    Lucas: What’s going on?
    Peyton: Okay. I went by my old house. There’s a teenage girl living there now, and she showed me my closet door. And you know what that said? ‘Lucas and Peyton: True Love Always’. ’Always’, Lucas, that’s what we were supposed to have. Until you showed up in LA three years ago and ambushed me.
    Lucas: If by ‘ambushed’ you mean proposed to you?
    Peyton: Oh yeah, out of the blue. A proposal that was driven by some insecurity that I have never been able to understand.
    Lucas: Insecurity? Right. Let me tell you how you get ‘Always’, Peyton: When a man asks you to marry him, you say ‘yes’. You don’t say ‘no’ and call him insecure.
    Peyton: I never said no! I said that I loved you, and that I did want to marry you someday. And, oh God, Luke, I wanted you so bad—but you gave up on us.
    Lucas: I—I gave up on us!?
    Peyton: Yes!
    Lucas: By proposing, I gave up on us?
    Peyton: No. By not waiting, you gave up on us and you know that’s the truth.
    Lucas: That’s great, Peyton! You wanna talk truth? Let’s tell the truth!
    Peyton: Okay.
    Lucas: You gave up on me, that’s why you didn’t say yes! You didn’t think I could do it, you didn’t think I could get my novel published. Maybe you just didn’t care, because it wasn’t about you, or what you wanted.
    Peyton: Well, if that’s the truth, if I never cared, then howcome everytime I see this stupid book, I buy it?! Every stupid damn time, Luke! You said I was great! You said I could be great! You said we were destined to be together, you said it to the world, you said it to me, and I wish you never had because you did not mean any of it!
    Lucas: I’m gonna go…
    Peyton: Okay, you know what? I wanna pay rent. I don’t know how I’m gonna do it, but I’ll figure it out, I just— whatever this is… I don’t feel right about it.
    Lucas: It’s called me being nice to you.
    Peyton: Well, it needs to stop.
    Lucas: Maybe you’re right.

(per commentare l'episodio, clicca qui!)

0 replies since 2/6/2010, 17:33   41 views